THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
Mark your calendar on the upcoming Spring 2020 workshop – Compassionate Strategies for Patron Engagement: Homelessness, Mental Health, and Poverty. Library staff at all levels interact with individuals who at some point in their lives are experiencing or experienced homelessness, mental health issues, substance use, and poverty. In this workshop, learn how to understand the challenges faced by such individuals, strategies for providing help, and methods for self-care while working with individuals who have been impacted by these experiences. The workshop is conducted by Leah Esguerra, Health Safety Associate at San Francisco Public Library. The workshop is appropriate for all levels of library staff, and we offer two sessions of the same workshop at different dates and locations. Link to the online registration will be available on February 18th. More info on PLP can be found here: http://plpinfo.org/
The spring 2020 workshop is brought to you by the Pacific Library Partnership Staff Development Committee (PLPSDC).
- Title: Compassionate Strategies for Patron Engagement: Homelessness, Mental Health, and Poverty
- Two sessions of the same workshop:
Two sessions of the same workshop:
· Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at Hayward Public Library
· Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
Time (both sessions): 9:00 am – 12:30 pm (sign-in 8:30 – 9:00 am, and light breakfast will be served)
Registration fee: $20
- Time: 9:00am-12:30pm – registration and light breakfast at 8:30am