The Mechanics’ Institute seeks a full-time Library Systems Administrator. The Library Systems Administrator maintains all of the Institute’s computer information systems and networks, and collaborates with the team responsible for the development, design, installation, maintenance and coordination of computer-based systems across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports, administers, and manages basic configuration of existing Institute systems platforms (e.g. Sierra ILS, Drupal-based websites, G Suite, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Maintains a high level of customer service with members and staff. Responds to inquiries via phone, email, and in person.
- Oversees and participates in Helpdesk and Communications Support.
- Provides technical support and training to staff who use Institute systems for their day-to-day duties.
- Oversees the management of Windows-based desktop environment and associated networked equipment in offices and public workstations.
- Coordinates with IT staff in managing central services, accounts, and permissions (e.g. Active Directory, Windows network, staff email, and email lists).
- Effectively troubleshoots hardware, software, and network problems and employs appropriate techniques to resolve. Works with IT team and vendors.
- Maintains security for networks and systems.
- Manages and administers local and cloud servers used for file sharing and backup and performs routine back up of essential systems.
- Collaborates on the planning, procurement, testing, and deployment of group desktop infrastructure, hardware, and software.
- Manages website content and usability, email, and other electronic marketing features.
- Maintains documentation of programs, databases, and computer system configurations.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships to identify needs and expectations for growth and expansion of services.
- Manages and implements access to electronic collections and products.
- Generates statistical reports of various online services and systems.
- Participates in Institute-wide related projects and committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Library Science or Information Science preferred; and
- 3-5 years of experience in information systems preferably in a library setting; or
- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience administering Linux and Windows operating systems, managing authentication and monitoring for performance and security.
- Experience with configuration and management of cloud services, monitoring and security procedures, as well as backup policies and DNS management.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, supporting, and troubleshooting systems and server environments.
- Keeps current with developing technology, best practices, and emerging trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time exempt position
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Healthcare and other paid benefits
- Membership to Mechanics’ Institute
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Library Systems Administrator” in the subject line
- Desired Salary (a range is fine)
- Position will remain open until filled
- No phone calls please