The Librarian (Entry) is the entry-level position of the Librarian series. The Librarian (Entry) provides community-focused library services in a branch setting for adults, teens, or children including programming, collection development and maintenance, outreach and partnerships, customer service, and leadership.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with the public in a diverse community; seeks to create a welcoming environment in the library; is confident with public speaking and presentations; has familiarity with library services, materials, and trends; has experience working with the age group identified in the position; and is flexible and resilient, able to change service models as the needs of the community change.
To apply, visit the Solano County employment page here.
|Approximate Salary||$26.12 – $31.75/hour|
|Opening Date||7/17/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Final Filing Date||7/31/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Contact Information||Jessica Smith (707) 784-6190|
|Type of Recruitment||Open Competitive|
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill full-time and part-time regular, limited term, or extra-help positions as vacancies occur or the need arises.
THE DUTIES Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advise and assist library customers; respond to reference questions; demonstrate the use of on-line library catalogs, databases, digital resources and other resources.
- Create, promote, implement and evaluate library programs for youths and adults; conduct tours and classes.
- Serve as a selector of library materials; and oversee the development as well as deaccessioning of titles in the assigned area(s).
- Develop contacts and relationships with and conduct outreach to community groups and schools.
- Market the library’s collection; write articles and program announcements for the library’s publications; assist with social media.
- Prepare reports and other written communication; maintain statistics.
Experience: No experience required.
Education/Training: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university is required.
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Class C California driver’s license may be required for some positions.
Some positions allocated to this class may require bilingual skills.
Independent travel may be required.
To view the job description for this position, please visit: http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=15870