Supervising Librarian-Adult Services, Mill Valley Public Library, Mill Valley
$6,018.00-$8,067.00 Monthly (DOE) 40 hour work week
Mill Valley Library is recruiting for an Adult Services Supervising Librarian. Candidate will report directly to the City Librarian, oversee the Division’s personnel, programming, and services, and help implement large-scale initiatives.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Named one of America’s best small libraries in 2015, the Mill Valley Library is recruiting for an Adult Services Supervising Librarian. Candidate will report directly to the City Librarian, oversee the Division’s personnel, programming, and services, and help implement large-scale initiatives.
The Adult Services Supervising Librarian will:
- Help the Library and patrons transition through the stages of reopening during and post pandemic.
- Support and expand a reading culture for adults.
- Oversee Reference services including mentoring staff to provide excellent customer service.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of After Hours events and large-scale initiatives.
- Support existing and develop new programs for adults.
- Support Library and City efforts to address the need for greater diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Help the City Librarian prepare reports and work with the Library’s support groups.
- Select materials in assigned areas.
Typical Projects might include:
- Assess gaps in and make recommendations for improvement of services to elderly population.
- Create new services for local book clubs.
- Work with other selectors to increase the diversity of the collection.
- Assess Reference Desk operations and make changes as needed.
- Review website presence for adults; make recommendations for improvement.
- Help develop new programs to support the aging community and other vulnerable populations.
(See Job Description for complete list of essential duties & abilities.)
The City of Mill Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY:
Known for its beautiful facility and innovative programming, the Library welcomes 240,000 visitors annually, has a $2.4 million budget, 20 FTE staff, and 130 volunteers. 45,000 participants attend 1,200 programs offered each year. The Library has a Recording Booth, Apple Laptop Lab, Technology Center, Robotics Lab, SmartGarden, and History Room.
The Ideal Candidate:
This is an excellent fit for a confident, take-charge person who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment and likes to work hard. This is a Library where employees are encouraged to think big and staff work collaboratively to support each other. The ideal candidate will embrace a modern view of Library services, be dedicated to public service, and enjoy creating new programs. An M.L.I.S. from an ALA accredited program (or equivalent) and three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in professional library work, including at least two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity is required.
How to Apply
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City’s official application form via CalOpps, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participate in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process.
Apply at Website: https://www.calopps.org/mill-valley/job-20053438
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11/25/20 at 5pm
If you have questions, contact: email@example.com