California Library Association Technical Services Award of Achievement
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The CLA Technical Services Award of Achievement acknowledges superior achievement by an individual in those areas of the library profession that encompass technical services.
All members of the library community are invited to take this opportunity to recognize deserving technical services colleagues who have made significant contributions in those areas of librarianship that have been especially challenged by the need for innovation and adaptation in dealing with rapidly changing technology and work environments. The CLA Technical Services Award of Achievement recipient will be honored at the 2021 CLA annual conference, which will be held virtually May 11-14, 2021.
Submit a nomination for the CLA Technical Services Award of Achievement here:
(Scroll down to the Application Form.)
The 2021 award nomination period will close on Monday, February 1, 2021 at 5:00PM PST.
- Persons nominated for the award are required to be CLA members. If unsure, please contact the CLA Office for assistance no later than two weeks prior to the deadline.
- Nominees must have worked for a portion of the past year in a California library.
- Nominators are not required to be CLA members. However, if a nomination is made by a non-member, the nomination must be endorsed by a CLA member. If you need assistance in finding a CLA member to endorse your nomination, please contact the CLA office no later than two weeks prior to the deadline.
How to nominate
Nominators should submit a statement (of no more than 350 words) identifying the nominee’s achievement(s) and briefly describing the impact of the achievement(s) on those areas of the library profession that encompass technical services. Criteria for selection are outstanding achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- leadership in professional associations at the local, state, regional, national, or international level;
- significant contributions to the development, application, or utilization of new or improved methods, techniques, and routines demonstrating creativity and innovation;
- significant contributions to the professional literature; and
- significant studies or research.
- The CLA Technical Services Award is coordinated by CLA’s Technical Services Interest Group (TSIG).
- TSIG may consider only those individuals who have been formally nominated for the award.
- TSIG reserves the right not to give an award if a qualified candidate is not found.
- Award recipients will be asked to submit a photograph to be used in award publicity.
- Nominations and all supplementary materials must be received by 5:00pm on the submission deadline.
- If you have questions, please contact Julie Moore: email@example.com
Please Nominate Today!
2021 CLA Technical Services Award of Achievement Committee
· Mary Kocman, Palos Verdes Library District
· Yu-Lan Chou, Santa Clara City Library
· Julie Moore, California State University, Fresno (Chair)
CLA Technical Services Interest Group: https://www.cla-net.org/general/custom.asp?page=24