Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian and Business Liaison, Non-Tenure Track
J. Paul Leonard Library
San Francisco State University’s J. Paul Leonard Library is a busy, teaching-oriented institution supporting a community of 25,000 students as well as faculty and staff. The library seeks applicants for a Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian and Business Liaison with experience, education, and/or interest in business. This position will work collaboratively with other liaison librarians to proactively develop partnerships with faculty to develop and deliver services that support the university’s teaching, learning, and research initiatives.
• Providing general research assistance to the San Francisco State community.
• Teaching information literacy instruction sessions.
• Participating in the development of outreach and instructional materials.
• Serving as a liaison to assigned academic departments, including programs in the College of Business and potentially other programs as needed.
• Provide specialized research consultation services for the academic business community. • Contributing to collection development related projects.
• Participating collegially in the collaborative development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of library resources, services, policies, and procedures.
● ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent.
● Academic background, experience, or interest in business.
● Experience providing research assistance.
● Teaching or training experience, including the development of student learning
outcomes, the use of active learning strategies, and the creation and use of
assessments that measure student learning.
● Experience creating online research guides, instructional videos, tutorials, and/or other
digital learning objects and instructional support materials.
● Experience engaging in outreach initiatives or designing outreach materials that promote
an organization’s resources, services, and/or programming.
● Experience using Springhare’s suite of products (e.g., LibGuides, LibAnswers,
● Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
● Strong commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively and
collegially with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Rank and Salary
Appointment is expected to be at the rank of Assistant or Senior Assistant Librarian with rank
and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Time base is up to full-time.
Submit a letter of intent/interest, a current CV, and the names and contact information of three
references to Elizabeth Detrich, Personnel Coordinator: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin January 27, 2021.
The position will remain open until filled.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against
persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin,
sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable
accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by
contacting the Library’s Personnel Coordinator, Liz Detrich, at firstname.lastname@example.org.