Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian
Apply nowJob no: 509771
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 3 – CFA – California Faculty Association, Temporary, Full Time, Library
, Temporary, Full Time, Library
San Francisco State University’s J. Paul Leonard Library is a busy, teaching-oriented institution supporting a community of 25,000 students as well as faculty and staff. Our university is part of the 23-campus California State University system, and we are seeking applicants for a Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian who will work collaboratively with other librarians to cultivate partnerships with faculty and to develop and deliver services that support the university’s teaching, learning, and research activities. Our library recently transitioned to a team-based approach to liaison work, in which teams of liaison librarians work together to support specific colleges. Our current vacancy is on the team that works with the Graduate College of Education, the College of Health and Social Sciences, and the Lam Family College of Business.
ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent.
- Experience providing research assistance.
- Teaching or training experience, including the development of student learning outcomes, the use of active learning strategies, and the creation and use of assessments that measure student learning.
- Experience creating online research guides, instructional videos, tutorials, and/or other digital learning objects and instructional support materials.
- Experience engaging in outreach initiatives or designing outreach materials that promote an organization’s resources, services, and/or programming.
- Experience using Springshare’s suite of products (e.g., LibGuides, LibAnswers, LibStaffer, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively and collegially with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Rank and Salary
Appointment is expected to be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian with rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Timebase is up to full-time.
Submit a letter of intent/interest, a current CV, and the names and contact information of three references. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Library’s Personnel Coordinator, Liz Detrich, at email@example.com
San Francisco State University
San Francisco State University is a member of the CSU system and serves a diverse student body of 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The University seeks to promote appreciation of scholarship, freedom and, human diversity through excellence in instruction and intellectual accomplishment. San Francisco State University faculty are expected to be effective teachers and demonstrate professional achievement and growth through research, scholarship, and/or creative work. Our goal is to attract a world-class and diverse faculty committed to build a multicultural educational environment.
San Francisco State University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer with a strong commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected category. We strongly encourage the application of individuals from historically underrepresented groups.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any employment with the CSU.
SF State is a totally smoke-free campus.
Advertised: January 25, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open Until Filled