ACCESS SERVICES & INTERLIBRARY LOAN MANAGER
Classification: Level 2 / Class Code 1140 / Exempt / Full-Time / Benefited / Represented
Anticipated Hiring Range: $50,979 – $65,332
THE ROLE AND responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Instruction & Faculty Services Librarian, the Access Services & Interlibrary Loan Manager is responsible for managing the Library Circulation Desk and supervising student workers, ensuring coverage and continuity of services during the library’s open hours. The position supports all areas of access services including managing document delivery and interlibrary loan services.
Typical duties and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Access Services and Supervision of Circulation Desk
- Oversees the daily operations of the Circulation Desk;
- Ensures staffing and service support for the Circulation Desk with coverage for all hours in which the law library is open, providing back-up support as needed;
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules, and assigns work tasks to student workers;
- Manages the budget for student labor in coordination with the library administration and the Library’s Operations Manager;
- Fosters excellent customer service by providing assistance to library users, resolving access-related problems, and providing timely response to access-related requests.
- Administers and oversees the library’s Course Reserves and Circulation Desk collections;
- Administers overdue procedures and processes library fines;
- Administers program for unaffiliated borrowers;
- Administers bar study access program;
- Oversees procedures for registering new patrons on an ad hoc basis;
- Maintains missing book records;
- Contributes to and updates a departmental procedures manual for Access Services;
- Interprets library access and circulation policies and resolves patron disputes as they arise;
- Supervises daily newspaper delivery;
- Supervises daily reshelving of library materials;
- Completes physical processing of library research resources for the library’s short-term loan collections;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Services
- Manages document delivery and interlibrary loan services (ILL);
- Collects data from interlibrary loan borrowing and lending requests for library usage statistical reporting;
- Processes, monitors, and delivers interlibrary loan requests on behalf of U.C. Hastings community members;
- Serves as the coordinator and administrator of the interlibrary loan management software used by the library;
- Monitors and processes requests for U.C. Hastings’ materials from borrowing institutions;
- Maintains and updates a departmental procedures manual for Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan services;
- Performs budget reports for the library administration on expenditures and trends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Experience working in an academic and/or law library setting preferred;
- Familiarity with Ex Libris’ Alma library management system preferred;
- Customer service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to interact well with a wide variety of patrons and to work collegially with the entire library staff;
- Ability to manage effectively multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to move book carts and pull materials from shelves and reshelve them;
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technical skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to work business hours, Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours may be required in exceptional circumstances.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation-related, healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Financial Future
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Legal Insurance
- University of California Retirement Plan (a defined benefit plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plans/Pre-tax Retirement Savings Programs
For your Work/Life Balance
- Fifteen paid holidays per year
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
THE HIRING PROCESS
Failure to provide the information as required on the application form including attaching a cover letter and a resume shall immediately disqualify an applicant from employment consideration.
Please Note: **This position has been designated as “sensitive” and requires a pre-employment background check.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Applicants who meet the position requirements will be competitively evaluated to identify the individuals whose breadth and depth of experience and education most closely relate to the stated requirements and the needs of the College. Depending on the quality and number of the applications received, only the better qualified applicants may be contacted for an interview. The position is open until filled.
The skills listed above are comprehensive, and we understand there are great candidates who possess only a subset of those skills, or who have other important skills. If you match some of these skills, please do not hesitate to apply.
UC Hastings College of the Law is an equal opportunity employer. UC Hastings strives to provide a diverse and inclusive educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding and respect. UC Hastings College of the Law is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching. Qualified women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply to go this link : https://uc-hastings.breezy.hr/p/9263c9bbe16a-access-services-interlibrary-loan-manager