Electronic Resources/Instruction Librarian
Requisition ID: 2022-8726
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule Shift: Day
Hours Per Week: 38
This faculty position, under the general direction of the Director of the Library, activates, troubleshoots, and maintains access to Library’s electronic resources and develops and maintains the Library’s website. Working with another librarian provides instruction and reference to the College of Pharmacy and the Physician Assistant Studies and Public Health Programs and selects and maintains the Library resources for this college and schools. Provides general library instruction and reference and participates in the overall growth and development of the Library and its services.
• Working with vendors, TUC IT staff, and counterparts at other Touro libraries, activates, maintains, and troubleshoots access to Library electronic resources and databases including mobile services. Provides and maintains documentation to e-resources/databases.
• Obtains and compiles usage statistics for electronic resources and provides analysis pertaining to their usage and cost per use.
• Assists users with electronic access problems and questions.
• Provides EndNote training, documentation, coordination with IT staff, and assistance to patrons.
• Maintains the accuracy and currency of holdings including serial holdings on Summon and Serials Solutions and maintains link resolver.
• Develops and maintains content for Library website and maintains the Library’s presence on social media such as Facebook, etc.
• Investigates new e-resource products that may be of interest to TUC including setting up trials and assessments of products being tested.
• Drafts and serves as editor of the Library online newsletter and readies to the point of publication.
• As the primary librarian of a two-librarian support team to the Public Health & Physician Assistant Programs, provides library instruction, orientations, monograph and journal collection development, program-oriented reference and support to the students, faculty and staff of the PH and PA programs, supported and assisted by the second librarian as needed and desirable, for excellent service.
• Working with the lead librarian for the College of Pharmacy, provides support, assistance, and back-up with Library instruction, orientation, reference, and collection development to students, faculty and staff in the College of Pharmacy (COP)
• Representing the curriculum and research needs of the COP, PA and PH in conjunction with the other librarians and the Library Director, participates in the Library process for the selection, renewal and deselection of databases and aggregate electronic resources.
• Provides general reference and instruction service. May be required to work evening hours.
• Serves as back-up as needed for providing interlibrary loan service.
• Participates in overall discussions and efforts to promote the Library’s growth and services.
• Through professional conferences, workshops, readings, scholarship and/or research maintains currency in the field particularly those aspects of librarianship that pertain to this position.
• As a member of the TUC Faculty and a representative of the Library, participates in TUC campus and faculty committees and functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable):
• Master’s degree from an ALA accredited library or information science program.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong service orientation
• Ability to be a flexible and productive team member
• Keeps abreast of new technologies and library trends and products pertaining to this area of librarianship
• Previous library experience in a college or university setting
• Experience with an integrated library system
• Experience with digital resources, discovery systems, link resolvers and authentication methods
• Experience with web design and web technologies
• Library instruction experience
• Reference experience
• User services experience
• Work experience and/or educational background related to pharmacy and/or the health sciences
• Is able to maintain a consistent and reliable operation, delivery of, and access to the Library’s e-resources including timely implementation of new e-resources and troubleshooting of problems related to e-resources using initiative, good judgment, timely follow-up as appropriate.
• Maintains up-to-date, timely and well-organized statistics and sound analysis related to e-resources including usage trends, cost per use, type of use.
• Is able to provide Library users accurate and prompt assistance and training when dealing with e-resources and EndNote.
• Stays informed about web technology, mobile services, social media, particularly as it is applicable to libraries and library services.
• Provides clear, well-organized subject-oriented library instruction appropriate to a particular class or program, and also provides general library instruction as needed.
• Maintains a very good command of print and electronic library resources for pharmacy, physician assistant studies and public health as well as currency of what new library resources are available in assigned subject fields; ability to exercise good judgment about their applicability for the Touro University California Library and to make sound decisions regarding their selection and de-selection.
• Maintains currency and training in interlibrary loan processes in order to serve as back-up to Interlibrary loan operation when needed.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates excellent productivity and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively and productively with others.
• Demonstrates reliability, flexibility, initiative, and attention to detail in carrying out specific job responsibilities and as a member of the Library Faculty.
• Demonstrates a strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office, web and digital resource technologies such as link resolvers, proxy systems, APIs, XHTML, XML, SQL.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3328750
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to Zachary Shapiro, 690 Walnut Ave, Suite 210, Vallejo, California, 94592, email@example.com (707-638-5459) or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and 646-565-6000 x55330.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.