Research and Instruction Librarian
Reports to: Dean of Library Services
Position Type: Full-time, 12 months, Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Bowman Library seeks a creative Research and Instruction Librarian in the social sciences, with an emphasis on business, psychology and information systems. The successful candidate will provide excellent instruction, research consultation, reference, outreach, collection development and assessment services to the Menlo College community.
· Designs and develops creative, engaging research skills and information literacy curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students
· Creates courses, modules, assessment rubrics, digital learning objects for a variety of teaching delivery modes (in person, hybrid online, synchronous/asynchronous, standalone/course-integrated)
· Provides virtual and in-person research consultation and reference service
· Provides orientations to the library; promotes and advocates for the library and its services
· Develops and assesses collections in business, and other disciplines based on a candidate’s interests and qualifications
· Contributes to the profession and to Menlo College through scholarship and creative work and service
· Other duties as assigned
Occasional evening hours may be required.
Remote work is possible one day per week.
· Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Libraries Association, or equivalent
· Experience developing curriculum, defining learning objectives, and measuring outcomes; experience designing and delivering creative, engaging courses, digital learning objects, and online instruction modules
· Reference experience and ability to use, select and assess resources in the social sciences, particularly for business and information systems programs
· Knowledge of and ability to apply the Association of College and Research Libraries’ frameworks for information literacy in instructional design; knowledge of WASCUC and AACSB expectations for information literacy in higher education
· Experience with and continuing interest in library and instructional technologies (e.g. Springshare LibGuides, WMS Library Management System, Canvas Learning Management System) and use of digital media in education (e.g. screencasting, social media, usability, adaptive learning, microlearning)
· Knowledge of general principles of library organization and management
· Evidence of continued professional development in relevant areas
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, a current resume and contact information for 3 references to HR (contact info below). The position is open until filled, with the next review date on November 30.
Attn: Director of Human Resources
1000 El Camino Real, Atherton, CA 94027-4301
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, see the full job description here.