Region Northern Bay Area
Job Type Full-Time
Close Date 12/1/2022 at 5pm
Salary $40.67-$50.80 Hourly
Additional Questionnaires Supplemental
211 E Street Santa Rosa, 95404
At Sonoma County Library, we bring information, ideas, and people together to build a stronger community. We are a hub where learning, the arts, technology and people intersect and thrive!
We are known nationally for our innovation, and locally for our engaged, creative, and empowered staff. We rely on community input to guide our decisions, and we proudly champion diversity and racial equity in all aspects of our organization. Libraries are for everyone.
This is a tremendous opportunity to be part of a mission-driven public agency, and help transform the literacy and education landscape for all Sonoma County residents. If you would like to join our team of dedicated professionals, we invite you to apply.
Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
LIBRARIAN III, ADULT SERVICES-CENTRAL SANTA ROSA LIBRARY
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
We are seeking a customer service driven library professional with excellent communication skills for our Central Santa Rosa Library. The ideal candidate will have strong outreach, technical, and training skills and be willing to work in a sometimes fast-paced and often vibrant “all ages” environment.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
Under general supervision, this full-time, benefited position develops and participates in the full range of routine to complex professional library services for the community, including the development of programs and services; identification of current community needs and the projection of future needs; and performs related work as assigned.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for budget items; monitors and controls expenditures; performs grant-writing activities for assigned specialized area.
- Provides supervision to professional, technical, and paraprofessional staff and volunteers.
- Provides assistance to and advises patrons in the effective use of Library collection, facilities and services; demonstrates the use of library resources, tools, equipment, and electronic reference sources; assists with digital downloads.
- Performs outreach to the community, community organizations, and schools; informs community members and organizations about library services, programs, and collections to generate public support for library and fundraising efforts.
- Takes the lead in anticipating changes in community needs and changing technology and information services, and plans how to address needs and implement changes.
- Acts as the Person-in-Charge, including making responsible and appropriate decisions based upon patron and branch or unit needs.
- May participate in circulation functions at a public service desk as needed.
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university; four (4) years of experience as a professional librarian. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills are desired.
SALARY RANGE: Librarian III – $40.67/hour to $50.80/hour
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, December 1, 2022
APPLICATION PROCESS:Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification from the recruitment process. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application,
written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Librarian III, Adult Services, CENTRAL.pdf
Vacation, sick leave, and holiday accruals are pro-rated for part-time employees. Certain insurance benefits are available only to full-time employees.
If you are selected for an interview, we will be happy to answer benefits questions you may have about the position for which you applied.
Vacation: Earns at the rate of 1 ¼ days per month, 3 weeks after the first year.
Sick leave: Twelve days per year, with unlimited accumulation.
Holidays: A combination of holidays and compensatory days equal to thirteen days per year.
Retirement: Membership in the statewide Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). See CalPERS chart for retirement formulas. The Sonoma County Library does not participate in Social Security.
Health insurance: Group health insurance through CalPERS Health Insurance Program paid at 80% to 84% depending on position. Delta Dental and VSP vision care insurance fully paid for full-time (40-hr/week) employees.
Life insurance: Paid term life insurance policy.
Miscellaneous: Two deferred compensation plans available, long-term disability insurance, and short-term disability (SDI) insurance through the EDD.
Contact phone extension:
firstname.lastname@example.orgCopyright ©2022 CalOpps. All rights reserved.