$67,090.00 – $110,186.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
The Collection Development Librarian is responsible for building, managing, reviewing, evaluating, and promoting collections to support the teaching and learning mission of the college. The Collection Development librarian plays a leadership role in ensuring a robust, diverse, and high use collection.
- This position routinely communicates with stakeholders about the collections including raising awareness of new and existing resources, changes to resource access, and training and educational opportunities on library resources.
- This position works closely with colleagues across the library to ensure the collections reflect the needs and interests of users.
- The librarian prioritizes creating a diverse and inclusive collection and is committed to staying informed about trends, developments, and best practices related to collection development.
- This position also coordinates workflows to ensure that technical services operations are effective in delivering fast, quality processing of new materials.
- Finally, the Librarian work closely with Technical Services and Public Services Staff to develop and document standard procedures and practices to maintain the accuracy of the library’s materials records, ensure appropriate placement of materials within collections and that those materials both meet the library standards and are compatible with circulation procedures.
This position is physically based on campus with possible online work. Faculty are expected to engage in professional contributions on the Foothill campus throughout the academic year.
Standard duties expected of all Librarians include reference and instruction, development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of a Faculty Librarian. Faculty also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
Full Job Description
February 24, 2023