$32,240 annual salary / 50% FTE
The Head Librarian oversees the management and staffing of A.C.T.’s Melissa Smith Yandell Smith library; its main collection at the Toni Rembe Theater, and its satellite branch at 30 Grant.
RESPONSIBILITIES (please note, this list is not exhaustive, but rather a representation of job duties)
- Maintain library locations for ease of access and to create an inviting and supportive learning environment.
- Work with database vendors to maintain licensing contracts.
- Work with the marketing department to create materials and campaigns to increase awareness and visibility of the library to increase patronage.
- Maintain documentation of library policies, membership agreements, and library standard operating procedures.
- Set library operating hours that serve library patron and A.C.T. program needs, while balancing given resources.
- Seek out, create, and maintain partnerships with other organizations that may have need and use of the library.
- With the IT department, maintain basic technology for patrons to be able to view archival footage on-site.
- Advocate for the library and its needs among the conservatory department and A.C.T. at large.
- Attend conservatory staff meetings to update on library operations and learn about conservatory department library needs.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures regarding circulation; including checking out materials, communicating due dates, late fees, and processing returns.
- Maintain library collection; including, determining which materials reside at the main collection and which materials reside at satellite branches, and executing circulation between multiple locations.
- Maintain cataloguing and shelving of the library collection.
- Research and purchase new materials for the collection, with a focus on including playwrights and plays with themes and characters focusing on historically underrepresented communities.
- Maintain Library Integrated System, including communicating with service vendor on updates and troubleshooting.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and build a sense of community with library volunteers.
- Create, distribute, and maintain library volunteer schedule to ensure staffing of library during set open hours.
- Create and update library volunteer instructions that accommodate many volunteer access needs; e.g., large print, pictures, guided videos, etc.
Link to full Description